Style Advice Blog
We often have female customers telling us they don't know what goes best with their Joe Button shirts. They don't just want to do the shirt + pants thing because they think it might make them look too masculine - but that's clearly a bit of a misconception judging from the photo below. Last year, Creative Director of Celine, Phoebe Philo introduced the "Five Perfect Pants" as something that every girl needs to have in her wardrobe and she couldn't have been more right.
From left to right:
1. The Pleated Tapered Leg - aka the new skinny pant silhouette
2. The Men's Straight Leg - aka boys style fit for girls
3. The High-Waisted Wide-Leg - aka signature Phoebe Philo
4. The Cropped Tube Leg - aka the modern-day Audrey Hepburn
5. The Tapered leg - aka the classic slim fit
Looking at the photograph, you'll notice that there is nothing boring about the shirt and pants look. When you're designing your own shirt - mix it up a little! Show a bit more neck by giving yourself a mandarin collar or design a round white collar instead of your usual point collar; get a different coloured placket or contrasting cuffs. It adds a bit more character without taking away any class from this classic combo.
Image via Celine